Clear all

Country Pop backing track

7 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@hillbilly_joe)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

Robert , are the chords to it :   A  Dm  E   D  F# ?

Thanks

Posted : June 29, 2019 20:27
(@robert)
Famed Member Admin

Not quite - I have attached the PDF for you.

Posted : June 30, 2019 08:02
(@hillbilly_joe)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

Wow! I was pretty close though. F#m was wrong, but the F# note at least I heard it, but I thought the chord was a minor.  Also I thought one of the D chords was a minor, but they were all D major.

I think my ears though are getting a bit better.  Thanks Robert. Much appreciated.

Got time today to work on it. Not sure if I'll have a recording on it today, but... soon.  It's really a very good backing track too!

Posted : June 30, 2019 17:04
(@hillbilly_joe)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

Well, I've been practicing the Chords on this and got it down fairly well, but... trying to come up with a lead is still very challenging for me.  Haven't given up yet.

Posted : July 8, 2019 23:29
(@hillbilly_joe)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

Here is my take on Country Pop  backing track.  It's short, but  I want to move on now to something new.

Posted : July 9, 2019 03:48
(@robert)
Famed Member Admin

Nice work, Joe. This would be a good one for singing /humming alon,g in order to come up with phrases and ideas. Give it a try!

Posted : July 9, 2019 08:23
(@hillbilly_joe)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

Hey Robert, good morning and it sure is a very good morning with your kind comment.

I posted on Craig's comment  how I approached the lead, and you are absolutely right about humming or putting lyrics to the lead.

I had a rhythm track to it, but I accidentally lost it.  But I did play the chords and the timing came out good. 

I want to move on now with some more of your country backing tracks. Its a big challenge to get the harmonies in the chord tones, but when I do, I know its me playing.

Stay tune  and thanks for the backing track.

Posted : July 9, 2019 14:55
Share: