Clear all

Hello From Lincoln UK - Happy I Found MGA

8 Posts
5 Users
4 Likes
(@andywson)
Topic starter

Hi, I'm Andy Williamson, 

I played in several bands in my teens, mainly rock and blues, then I took a 30 year break while life happened. 

I made a few attempts during those years to restart on guitar but never stuck with it.About 14 months ago I restarted and this time the magic happened, I started to love guitar again. 

My playing is a rusty, like a ship that sunk 30 years ago... very rusty. I've tried a few of the big online guitar tuition places but I find them really distracting being bombarded by messages to check out the latest course. I tend to flit from lesson to lesson, instructor to instructor rather than sticking with one course.

I'm hoping that by cutting out the distractions and focusing on Robert's course work I'll start to make some real progress and get my playing back on track.

If in the next year I can get a tone that sounds even remotely like Roberts' I'll consider it a major victory. 

Andy

Posted : August 16, 2019 09:27
Clayton and robert reacted
(@robert)
Famed Member Admin

Warm welcome!

Posted : August 17, 2019 11:05
(@jestme)
Noble Member

Andy

Welcome to MGA. There is a ton of material you can work through here and Robert is very approachable and happy to offer helpful critiques and suggestions. I think you will enjoy it here and you will get back into shape.

I too took a number of years off while life happened. I now play as much as I can... except when the grand-kids are here!

Posted : August 18, 2019 10:34
(@hillbilly_joe)
Prominent Member

Hi Andy and welcome to a very friendly site.  Robert has enough "excellent" tutorials and backing tracks to keep ya busy.

For me, it's summer here and I like the outdoors so I try to squeeze his lessons in.

again welcome

and don't forget to post your music

check out the "log"

Posted : August 18, 2019 20:04
(@andywson)
Topic starter

@jestme

Good to hear I'm not the only one who put down the guitar for far too long. 

Posted : August 19, 2019 12:16
JestMe reacted
(@clayton)
Community Manager

Bring on the British Invasion, Andy.  Welcome to the MGA.

Posted : August 19, 2019 15:04
(@andywson)
Topic starter

@clayton

Ha! thanks Clayton. If it does sound like an invasion it's probably my gain too high... 

Posted : August 20, 2019 11:42
robert reacted
(@clayton)
Community Manager

Marshall the Troops!  So that's a perfect segue into gear and always a fun topic for discussion.

Andy, any favorite amps or amp style voicing for your playing?  I have to say I am a Fender fan but still love to get my Marshall DSL40cr going clean or dirty.

Posted : August 20, 2019 18:52
Share: