Notifications
Clear all

Joining you from NY

6 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@thomastug)
Topic starter

Happy New Year to all, I am finally using last years birthday gift,thank you Nancy. The brief version, I am a father, friend, drummer {Grestch}. I navigate the Hudson every other week in a Tugboat. Along with a Strat, I have refurbished a P-bass and lots of drums. Steve Ferguson,Danny Gatton, Al Anderson are a few influences.  So now I have found your site, Robert and am excited to be here. So when not on the Hudson I will be listening and practicing, practicing, practicing with you all!

Posted : January 18, 2019 15:35
(@clayton)
Community Manager

Welcome to the MGA, Tom, and congratulations on a fine birthday gift.   

Sounds like our good luck to have another member addition with multi-instrument talent.  I play s guitar and bass, a wee bit o mandolin, and have tinkled the keys, but I have to wear eye protection whenever I pick up drumsticks.  Not a pretty sight or sound when I attempt hand percussion.

Be sure to get into some recording of your practices, jams and/or performances- it really helps improve your playing, and ours as well if you post to the Forum.

Now where upon the Hudson do ye motor your Tug?

Posted : January 19, 2019 07:33
(@robert)
Famed Member Admin

Welcome to MGA! I am in Houston right now. Back by Thursday.

“Ground control to Major Tom

You've really made the grade
And the papers want to know whose shirts you wear”!

Sorry - I’m in Space Mode right now! Been 2 days at the Space Center in Houston. Very fascinating.

Posted : January 19, 2019 17:53
(@thomastug)
Topic starter

Hey Clayton, NYC to Clinton Pt. Ice is making for slow going. Am working on the slow ice blues. Lol!

Posted : January 21, 2019 12:33
(@clayton)
Community Manager

Hmm, past beautiful Beacon and West Point.  Love the Hudson River Valley.

Posted : January 21, 2019 15:14
(@robert)
Famed Member Admin

Testing replying, all the way from Houston!

Houston, do we have a problem? 

Hm, hope not. 

The eagle has landed. 🙂

Posted : January 21, 2019 22:47
Share: