Notifications
Clear all

Jazz Blues Guitar 1

29 Posts
5 Users
16 Likes
(@hillbilly_joe)
Prominent Member

OK, I got box.com to work .  Here is my short take on it. I put a little lead playing to it, but I miss the right notes sometimes. Anyway, its a learning process for me and just having fun playing.

https://app.box.com/s/pk0kf0pj1awlfl0kij6xmzq5qybrsvcv

Posted : March 16, 2019 06:20
Sebastien and wobbly_bob reacted
(@clayton)
Community Manager

Yeah, that's cool, Joe.  You've got some good feel on Rhythm and Solo, and nice subtle vibrato touch on the solo notes.  Thank You for posting.  Now it's Fried Rice Time!

Posted : March 16, 2019 07:06
wobbly_bob reacted
(@hillbilly_joe)
Prominent Member

Posted by: Clayton

Yeah, that's cool, Joe.  You've got some good feel on Rhythm and Solo, and nice subtle vibrato touch on the solo notes.  Thank You for posting.  Now it's Fried Rice Time!

But it's got to be Thai shrimp fried rice though. 😀 

When I was stationed in Thailand during the Vietnam War I lived off of shrimp fried rice.  And you know what, the shrimp were really out in the open with flies on them. But that's the way it was in Thailand back in the early 70's.  Sure do miss Thailand. Heard now it is getting expensive to live there.

By the way, does the attach file thing work, I can't get it to work.

Posted : March 16, 2019 07:12
wobbly_bob reacted
(@wobbly_bob)
Noble Member

Nice effort Joe,  keep at it. 

Posted : March 16, 2019 15:01
(@hillbilly_joe)
Prominent Member

Posted by: wobbly_bob

Nice effort Joe,  keep at it. 

Hi Craig. Thanks for your comment.  As I do the course I go back and start from scratch again and move on. The Dm7 to the G7 to C7 chord was a challenge at first. 3 days trying to nail it. Finally got it down in timing, not perfect , but not so noticeable either. So far the course is at my level, so far, that is.

Well stay cool!

Posted : March 16, 2019 21:20
(@robert)
Famed Member Admin
Topic starter

Thanks Joe! Good start! You'll learn more solo tools in the next videos coming. 

So, did you use a metronome? 

Even better, use the backing track I supplied. Each Soundslice lesson have a "Lesson Files" link to where you can download the jam track, tab and guitar pro.

Posted : March 17, 2019 09:09
(@robert)
Famed Member Admin
Topic starter

Testing file attachments. It's working.

Posted : March 17, 2019 09:11
(@hillbilly_joe)
Prominent Member

Posted by: robert

Thanks Joe! Good start! You'll learn more solo tools in the next videos coming. 

So, did you use a metronome? 

Even better, use the backing track I supplied. Each Soundslice lesson have a "Lesson Files" link to where you can download the jam track, tab and guitar pro.

Hi Robert

Yes, I used the metronome on Reaper. I think I had it set at 110bpm. As I listened to, I got to say my timing sure improved a lot.  I've practiced with the backing track about 4 times now I think, but not ready to post yet with it. More practice.  Sorry for the low quality sound, but my computer is old and I think it picks up noise from the fan maybe.

I'm enjoying the course. Got time to practice today so I'll advance a little more.  My lead on this was really trying to get the right notes to match the voicing. In most places I got them right, but some wrong notes were in there.  I'll keep plugg'n away now.

Posted : March 17, 2019 17:14
(@hillbilly_joe)
Prominent Member

Posted by: robert

Testing file attachments. It's working.

Hmm, OK. If I record today I 'll try using the attach files.

Posted : March 17, 2019 17:16
(@sebastien)
Trusted Member

@robert

Robert, I'm going through those videos today and I have some of them that aren't working (cannot parse the requested video). Here the ones that bugs:

- Jazz Blues Comping Ex. 1 (this one is working at 50%)

- Chord Progression Variation 2 (not playing at all)

- Chord Progression Variation 3 (not playing at all)

- Chord Progression Variation 4 (not playing at all)

- Introduction to the Minor Blues Scale (not playing at all)

- Minor Blues Scale Patterns (not playing at all)

Posted : August 29, 2019 17:02
(@robert)
Famed Member Admin
Topic starter

Do try now again. I got a message that the video hosting site had some issues, but it should be resolved now.

Posted : August 30, 2019 14:41
Sebastien reacted
(@sebastien)
Trusted Member

Well, I had a little fun with this one. I was mostly noodling in box 1 of minor pentatonic in C without any goal or structure (however I must admit I had some licks in reference). The goal for me here was to start being comfortable improvising over a backing track. Even though the backing track is jazzy, the noodling is mostly bluesy I could say.

Comments are welcome as long as they are constructive! 🙂

https://app.box.com/s/pbqddn9zc3xfmwsx7mkomd4aqnxrt2d1

Posted : September 2, 2019 10:24
(@robert)
Famed Member Admin
Topic starter

Hey not bad, although this chord progression requires a bit more of following the chords as you improvise. More content on how to navigate the chords is coming, so you'll see what I mean then.

Posted : September 2, 2019 18:05
(@sebastien)
Trusted Member

Posted by: @robert

Hey not bad, although this chord progression requires a bit more of following the chords as you improvise. More content on how to navigate the chords is coming, so you'll see what I mean then.

Hi Robert! Yeah, don't worry about that, the goal was really just to get comfortable noodling on the minor pentatonic.

For sure I'm looking forward for the lesson on following the chords!

Posted : September 3, 2019 15:49
Page 2 / 2
Share: