MGA Picks

8 Posts
4 Users
1 Likes
(@robert)
Famed Member Admin
Topic starter

Looky here!

Here's the deal. I hope we can get more members posting their playing. So, if we can get a few people posting clips of themselves playing, I'll send out a few picks and a pack of strings to one random member who participated. I will do this for March and April, and then we'll evaluate this.

It doesn't have to be anything complex. Just an mp3 or preferably a video. A good way to start is to go grab a backing track, and record yourself playing something over it. The purpose is to share knowledge, allow for and give feedback, helping each other become better players, and have fun.

Post your work in Student Focus (if you want my personal video response) or in the member clips section.

Need recording help? Go here.

Let's do this, guys!

mga picks

Posted : March 15, 2019 11:10
Clayton reacted
(@robert)
Famed Member Admin
Topic starter

Did anyone read this? 😀

Posted : March 18, 2019 11:24
(@sebastien)
Trusted Member

Cool! I'm currently doing a back to basic stuff, but I'll try to record something to post!

Posted : March 18, 2019 13:10
(@clayton)
Community Manager

Oh Yes I Did.   The C Dawg is busy boy this week, and traveling to bicycle realms next week.

Posted : March 18, 2019 16:14
(@hillbilly_joe)
Prominent Member

Them some pretty picks, Robert.  I like your idea, brings the community closer I feel. More  interaction on the forum is cool.

Posted : March 18, 2019 16:27
(@robert)
Famed Member Admin
Topic starter

Good! Update - the black picks are out... it turns out they actually painted white picks black, then printed my logo on top. Guess what happens when you play with the pick? The black paint comes off, of course!

I complained, and they are reprinting on white and sending me. Both styles of picks (0.71mm and 1.2mm) will have the same look.

Posted : March 18, 2019 19:20
(@robert)
Famed Member Admin
Topic starter

Hey friends, I got a second batch of picks.

Ready to send one of each (0.71mm and 1.2mm) to you guys who are recording,

Let me know if you need any help!

Posted : April 11, 2019 15:04
(@hillbilly_joe)
Prominent Member

Sounds good, Robert.

Posted : April 11, 2019 17:30
Share: