Clear all

A Short Improvisation

3 Posts
2 Users
2 Likes
(@wobbly_bob)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Just noodling over The Thrill is gone,  Its only short so possibly watch 'til the end. 😉 

Posted : September 10, 2019 01:21
(@robert)
Famed Member Admin

Nice constraints there. I hear the Aeolian mode in the beginning. When you use the G note, as you play the B minor pentatonic, you are creating the B Aeolian mode. It's that 6th note that gives that a way. If you simply raise that one note to G#, you have the B Dorian mode.

I like how you tried to tell a story here. No wanking present! No show-off, just a tasty goodness. 

Yeah man, that's how it's done!

Posted : September 11, 2019 12:17
wobbly_bob reacted
(@wobbly_bob)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Posted by: @robert

Nice constraints there. I hear the Aeolian mode in the beginning. When you use the G note, as you play the B minor pentatonic, you are creating the B Aeolian mode. It's that 6th note that gives that a way. If you simply raise that one note to G#, you have the B Dorian mode.

I like how you tried to tell a story here. No wanking present! No show-off, just a tasty goodness. 

Yeah man, that's how it's done!

And I thought Aeoli was a nice mayonnaise dressing.  There ya go I learned something new (lols).  Seriously though,  thanks for the insights and valuable feedback Robert,  much appreciated.

Posted : September 13, 2019 01:30
robert reacted
Share: