Topic starter

Posted by: @wobbly_bob

@hillbilly_joe

sweet sound there Joe

Thanks Craig  

Posted : October 2, 2019 22:56
(@robert)
Famed Member Admin

That's really great, Joe! Try to play it with a backing track or just the metronome. It sounds fine at a slow tempo too.

Posted : October 3, 2019 11:04
(@hillbilly_joe)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

Hi Robert

I used the metronome on Reaper, not sure if it was spot on at 50 bpm, but I'll continue to work on this. Nice little 2 minute lesson. Keep them coming.

You suggested a backing track, I'll have to listen to the lesson again to see if you mentioned what chords go well with it.  Got time today to work on it again.

Posted : October 3, 2019 16:13
(@hillbilly_joe)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

So today, after all these years my ears finally got in tune with soundslice and what a difference I feel in my playing. I guess one reason is that  I'm now on the 2 minute Hank Williams lick and it is so beautiful that I really am going to try to play in good rhythm and feel.

So today I'm on Easy Country Solo

Hope to have something recorded in a few days.

Posted : October 6, 2019 20:28
wobbly_bob and robert reacted
(@wobbly_bob)
Noble Member

@hillbilly_joe

cant wait!

Posted : October 7, 2019 13:44
(@hillbilly_joe)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

Wow! Been 6 months since I logged into this.

Anyway I'm trying to at least settle down a bit so I focused on 1 Finger Pattern for Major Scale  which is at the bottom of the 2 minute lesson.

Keep'n the mind going from drifting on this rainy day with a cup of coffee in front of me, well, that's life at the moment.

I haven't quite got up to speed on it, but pretty much nailed it. Need now to work with it on a metronome.

Posted : March 27, 2020 03:05
(@hillbilly_joe)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

October 13th 2020

My coronavirus discipline just do it GOAL

Country ending lick in G lesson

Doing lick number one going very slowly ,but  I got it memorized.

Took me long enough.

Robert I wonder if you can have a backing track like a one minute backing track just playing what you did actually just repeating itself that would be really nice to add on to that lesson.

And thanks for the lessons, definitely something I even asked you to come up with so it much appreciated.

Still out cycling still pretty good weather but I'm going to be indoors pretty quick pretty soon just swimming on this guitar trying to make in roads.

Posted : October 13, 2020 18:22
(@bluesiline)
Prominent Member

@hillbilly_joe

Thank you for your follow-up. I always find it enriching to see what the members here are working on. 

And I notice that you have fun to practice. Keep it up and thanks for sharing. Birgit

Posted : October 14, 2020 02:21
(@hillbilly_joe)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

Posted by: @bluesiline

@hillbilly_joe

Thank you for your follow-up. I always find it enriching to see what the members here are working on. 

And I notice that you have fun to practice. Keep it up and thanks for sharing. Birgit

Thank you very much for your comment.

Yeah you should take playing seriously but not come down the path of the wind is like my road map of just enjoying picking up the guitar and doing what I can do.

Robert really has one of the finest programs out there suitable for everybody's taste.

I grew up on country music so it's it's in your blood really you can't escape it and not only that you have the feeling the natural feeling to be able to connect with it.

although country music sounds easy to play it's really takes a lot of practice I mean a lot of practice to get get it down with that country front yard porch filling.

Well I'm still on lick number one so I got to memorize but the timing is off and getting faster at it that's for sure.

Posted : October 14, 2020 18:29
(@hillbilly_joe)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

October 20th

Still on lick number one moving along okay but the rhythm is not there and the timing sure isn't there yet but the memory is there I got it all down I don't really have that much time to put into it at the at the moment but as long as I go at it every day until I get it down pat then I'll move on to the second lick.

I only have a phone but I don't know how to record on it yet got to learn how to do it today that way I can post my progress let your old know that help how it sounds like when you were just really starting to learn a lick.

Posted : October 19, 2020 18:40
(@hillbilly_joe)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

October 21st

So today I'm figuring out how to how to use the phone to record.

I've never done it before so it took me well let's just say a long long time to do this.

this is my many takes on it I was more or less focusing on just improving what I'm playing and remembering what I'm playing so obviously it's not that well done but I want to give myself self encouragement really by following up on it which is really hard to do.

I put it on Google drive so I guess maybe you have to download it or I have it on the clipboard whatever that means so I'll test it out and see how it really works your comments are really welcome really I appreciate them.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Z78p2tQaU4ZJGpK9gV9WnRGtvbI1x5yh/view?usp=drivesdk

Okay I made probably some mistakes looks like you got to have access to it I don't know how it works I thought I had it on clipboard but I guess not

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Z78p2tQaU4ZJGpK9gV9WnRGtvbI1x5yh/view?usp=drivesdk

Maybe this one will work different I don't know

Posted : October 20, 2020 17:52
Bluesiline reacted
(@bluesiline)
Prominent Member

Joe, you've kept your promises to share your playing. Great !

If I may add a comment, I want to ask you if it is possible for you to use a backing track with your playing. I think the lick would sound so great with a backing track.

Keep on playing, Birgit

Posted : October 21, 2020 07:02
(@hillbilly_joe)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

Posted by: @bluesiline

Joe, you've kept your promises to share your playing. Great !

If I may add a comment, I want to ask you if it is possible for you to use a backing track with your playing. I think the lick would sound so great with a backing track.

Keep on playing, Birgit

Thank you for listening.

I guess I got it to work.

I could never get it to work so I guess I'm doing something right.

I know I ran by Robert to see if he can add a backing track to it but even if he did I wouldn't know how to do it with the phone anyway.

The Robert plays it so good and it takes so much practice to get the timing down but I really like country music I was raised on it and this one really really just can't escape me so that's why I'm really focusing on it.

I'll be practicing more on it today and I'm not too for sure if I'll post another improvement on it until I at least much more improved with the the timing anyway.

Again thank you very much for listening

Posted : October 21, 2020 17:05
(@hillbilly_joe)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

October 29th

Getting the speed up quite a bit.

rhythm is still locked but I'm focusing on the speed slowly and the rhythm tapping my feet so hopefully it will all come together real soon.

No recording today.

Yes this is on the country key of g lick number one.

Posted : October 28, 2020 19:26
(@bluesiline)
Prominent Member

@hillbilly_joe

Joe, keep on tapping your foot.

It takes a while to get used to it - my own experience! - ,but you will see that your rhythm feeling will improve.

Keep it up! Birgit

Posted : October 29, 2020 02:22
Page 4 / 6
Share: