Clear all

I'm away until August 8, 2018

19 Posts
6 Users
5 Likes
(@robert)
Famed Member Admin
Topic starter

I forgot to post an announcement about my trip to Europe. I'm right now in a lovely little town in France. I'm then going north to see my family in Sweden. 

I'm doing this trip with my 14 year-old daughter. She was in France on a student exchange, and now she is showing me around. I'll show you some pictures.

I will chime in here now and then, for sure. 

I've provided many backing tracks to you (and more will come soon), so I would like to suggest that you dive into a recording project, using one of these backing tracks. You can do a collaboration with other members, or you can just play something you've worked on. Then share it with us and I'll respond with feedback.

Why am I suggesting this? Because it will help you become a better player. Trust me, I KNOW this. Isn't that what we all want?

Posted : July 14, 2018 11:48
(@jncinn)

Hey!! Roberto!! Pick out a nice little French chalet right there overlooking that first mountain view picture!! We can all chip in and turn it into a neat little jam session place with cobblestone decks to jam and admire the views all whilst sipping the local vine offerings!! Nancy's sister did precisely this for over 35 years.......French exchange and tours and all that teaching upper level French!! Very cool!!  Jim C.

Posted : July 14, 2018 11:58
robert reacted
(@robert)
Famed Member Admin
Topic starter

A random guy came up and photo bombed me! Haha 🙂

My daughter on the right, and her exchange student friend with her sister in the middle.

"Little Venice".

Posted : July 14, 2018 13:33
(@jestme)
Noble Member

Looks like you are having great weather and a very scenic trip! Awesome pics of awesome place[s]

Posted : July 14, 2018 13:49
robert reacted
(@wobbly_bob)
Noble Member

We should all chip in and hire a bus and do an MGA tour! Gigging along the way! 

Posted : July 14, 2018 15:27
robert reacted
(@robert)
Famed Member Admin
Topic starter

Leaving France now. Off to the land of the Vikings!

Posted : July 15, 2018 08:31
(@jncinn)

Minnesota?? I didn't even think you were a football fan, Roberto!! Seriously though.......do you plan to visit that guitar museum (Nosey?? I believe??)?? That would be the main attraction for me upon a visit any place!! See if you can pick me up a couple of authentic early 60s Fender Strats from their gift shop if you go, please!!! Jim C.

Posted : July 15, 2018 09:24
JestMe reacted
(@robert)
Famed Member Admin
Topic starter

Guitars The Museum! I've been there before. I'll probably go again.

But I didn't leave France today! Nope. Seems it wasn't ready to let us go yet.

The flight was canceled and next one leaves 22 hours later... so now we're at a hotel. Watching the telly - over a million Frenchies at Champs Elysees! WOW!

Now, the game was happening just as our flight got canceled, so I was standing in line for over an hour and I heard people going completely bat-poop crazy 4 times. They won 4-2.

Posted : July 15, 2018 14:38
(@jncinn)

Those crowds were celebrating France winning the World Cup??!! Here I thought they were all there for you and your daughter, Roberto!!

😋

Far, far, far worst places in this world to be 'stuck' in!!  Jim C.

Posted : July 15, 2018 19:50
(@clayton)
Community Manager

Land of the midnight sun.

Ah-ahhhhhhhhhh! Valhalla, I am coming!

Posted : July 16, 2018 06:27
wobbly_bob reacted
(@robert)
Famed Member Admin
Topic starter

So the KLM flight yesterday was kaput. The earliest they could get us on was at 4pm today. We get to Paris airport at around 6, and the flight to Stockholm was scheduled for 8:40pm. An hour before boarding, they say it's delayed until 11:50pm. Now we get a new update - 00:30 is the tale we are told. Can you read between the lines I'm not completely trusting their word?  😀 

To be continued... from Charles De Gaulle airport.

Posted : July 16, 2018 15:00
(@jestme)
Noble Member

Sounds like there might be a song in there somewhere...!

lycka till... [Good luck! ... I think... I HOPE!]

Posted : July 16, 2018 19:28
(@robert)
Famed Member Admin
Topic starter

Arrived at 3:45am! Like going back to Alberta time almost! 😬

Posted : July 16, 2018 20:47
(@jncinn)

Sounds a lot like that old Tom Hanks movie where he just moved right into the airport terminal................

:>)

Jim C.

Posted : July 16, 2018 21:15
(@jncinn)

Sounds a lot like that old Tom Hanks movie where he just moved right into the airport terminal................

:>)

Jim C.

Posted : July 16, 2018 21:15
Page 1 / 2
Share: