12 Bar Blues Solo (Intermediate/Advanced)
What is this course about?
This course is all about learning a really good blues solo over a typical standard blues shuffle track, played in the key of A.
I call it Intermediate/Advanced, because there are some faster lines in there that may be a bit challenging. However, there are many licks in there that are more Intermediate level, so I encourage you to not be afraid to give it a try!
The solo is 48 bars long, and there are 27 licks in here.
Why should you buy this?
I am very proud of this lesson, for several reasons.
- I spent a lot of time listening and analyzing great blues solos by great players, and I came up with a solo that doesn’t sound like a bunch of licks thrown together. It sounds awesome, plain and simple.
- I have created an amazing presentation (well I think so anyway!) where you can view and hear the solo at full and half speeds.
- I have even included a TAB view for you, both at normal and half speeds.
- Each lick is broken down individually, and I explain it all for you in detail.
- I have a progression counter available, so it’s easy to see where in the chord progression I’m playing each lick.
- The mp3 files included have the solo at full and half speed, and I have included the backing track in 3 different tempos as well.
- There are chapter markers for each lick – very easy to locate any lick.
- I explain the gear I used for this lesson.
So, this is the most in-depth presentation I have ever done so far of a solo, and you have all the tools you need to learn this. I hope you dig it!
Reviews of this course
Submit your review
I bought the T-Bone package a while back, still benefiting form that. Looks like I'll have to buy this one too! Way to go. Nice job again Robert = )
First off, I loved the feel of this piece. Second, is I love Robert's complete tool set for learning the licks and understanding why they work musically. All this helps me become a better player. God knows, I need all the help I can get ! 🙂 Nice work Robert!
Lots of variety and cool riffs to contemplate in the key of A!
Love it Robert. It has a nice pace, it progresses as a coherent piece with a consistent feel as you develop the ideas. I love the very subtle mixing of major and minor tones to create colour and variety. It keeps you guessing what is coming next and breaks away from the more common patterns of solo building. It is melodic and bluesy at the same time. I like the variety of the turnarounds as well. Definitely a keeper.
Love it, good work!
Being a member of MGA I already play this solo and would recommend buying it. There loads of very useful licks to learn plus the whole piece flows rhythmically you will not be disappointed at all Robert is a very good teacher and well worth the money
This the best how-to blues guitar course I've ever taken, including face-to-face instruction. The beauty of the course is being able to hear and see the 26 licks within the context of a 12-bar blues progression. I've never been able to play the blues so well in the 5 years I've been playing guitar. Robert's instruction is very easy to understand, too!
I just love this solo and the course as a whole. Robert has outdone himself once again with a presentation that is loaded with instruction with no stones left unturned. Every lick, technique and concept is explained in detail. Not to mention all the supplemental materials that are included.
Although the course is rated a advanced, there are many licks that are at the intermediate level, as Robert has mentioned. I am not an advanced player myself, but find that I can modify even the more challenging licks and still come up with a great sounding shuffle.