Clear all

SRV Killer Lick 6:33

12 Posts
6 Users
1 Likes
(@robert)
Famed Member Admin
Topic starter

From Couldn't Stand The Weather, live at Austin City Limits.

https://www.masterguitaracademy.com/news/srv-killer-lick-633/

Posted : December 4, 2019 14:26
(@bluesluvr)

Hi Robert.  Just curious about the 1/2 step lower tuning on this lesson.  Is the tab purposely written different than your video example?  What am I missing?  Does SRV tuning mean you have to play everything one step higher than written?  I thought I would just detune my guitar and follow the tab, but it does't seem to match... Thanks!

Posted : December 5, 2019 19:17
(@robert)
Famed Member Admin
Topic starter

Ah right, sorry about that! My mistake. Check it now, I've updated it. In order to play along with it, you'll need to tune down 1/2 step (or move everything down one fret). In other words, he played it in D, but it sounds like C#.  All good?

Posted : December 5, 2019 21:25
(@schaeferame-com)

The Soundslice tracks work for me at full speed but fails when I try to run them at 50%. The first run is mostly in time but all the subsequent parts are out of sync.

Posted : January 9, 2020 12:27
(@robert)
Famed Member Admin
Topic starter

Hm, I tried at 50% and it works for me. What kind of computer do you use? Can anyone else give this a try too and report back? 

https://www.masterguitaracademy.com/lesson/killer-srv-lick-soundslice/

Posted : January 9, 2020 15:06
(@clayton)
Community Manager

Just played the Soundslice video/audio back at 50% and it was "In Sync" (mother of God, I can't believe I said that phrase).  Mac Mini.

Posted : January 9, 2020 15:29
(@matonanjin)
Prominent Member

@clayton

🤣  Fortunately, "New Kids on the Block" wouldn't have worked in the sentence.

Posted : January 9, 2020 18:02
Clayton reacted
(@clayton)
Community Manager

@matonanjin

You're killing me, Ron! 😆 

Posted : January 9, 2020 19:36
(@schaeferame-com)

@robert

I am using an iPad Pro with the latest iOS on Safari. What happens is that at the second last bar the audio cuts out and the next audio segment starts. This also happens on an MacBook Pro 2012 on Safari.

Posted : January 14, 2020 21:24
(@robert)
Famed Member Admin
Topic starter

Hi again, I tested this on my iPad, my iMac with Safari, Firefox, Chrome and there are no issues doing so. Not sure what to say? Weird that you have this issue and I can’t replicate and so far no one else has reported any issues with it either.

Posted : January 18, 2020 11:44
(@jestme)
Noble Member

@schaeferame-com

This seems odd. Does that only happen on this 1 video or does it happen with other videos too...? 

Posted : January 18, 2020 17:38
(@schaeferame-com)

@jestme

I am working on the latest course (Intermediate Blues Solo) and there it works like a charm.

I'll try to record it with my phone and post it here.

- Andy

Posted : January 18, 2020 18:47
Share: