Clear all

2023 Crossroads guitar Festival!!!

7 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@matonanjin)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

I just got notice this morning of the next Crossroad Guitar Festival.  I really thought that the last one would be just that, the last one.  But here we are.  And we just, as in weeks ago, got tickets to Clapton's concert in Denver in September.  

Is there anything that I wouldn't give to go to what really will be, this time, the last one?  I don't know what that would be!

crossroads

(I didn't know if this should go here or Announcements or Open Mic or ??)

Posted : April 18, 2023 12:53
(@robert)
Famed Member Admin

That looks completely incredible. I wish I could go!

Posted : April 19, 2023 12:30
(@bluesiline)
Prominent Member

I’m hearing about Clapton’s Crossroads Festival for the first time. Thanks for sharing, Ron. You always come up with interesting things.

Took me hours to read all the names of the participants 😉.

One name stands out for me, Kurt Rosenwinkel, an American jazz guitarist. I’m a big fan of him since he taught jazz at the Lucerne Music School from 2004 – 2007. I can still remember how proud our city was when he took the job.

I’m also a big fan of Buddy Guy, you know that !, and I love listening to bluegrass guitarist Molly Tuttle. She is such a talented guitarist and I admire her dexterity.

Ron, just the idea alone is great for me of seeing these three, among the others, on stage at one and the same event …….

Birgit

Posted : April 20, 2023 03:06
(@matonanjin)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

@bluesiline, you are so right.  For you, those three.  For me, Clapton, Santana, and Buddy Guy, the same concert the same weekend!!!  Hard to imagine.

So you are aware, all six previous festivals are available on DVD or Blu Ray and I have them all.  I would guess they can be streamed somewhere.  But either way, it is amazing to view.  Yeah, I'm old; I still use physical media.  🤨  

Just seeing Santana and Clapton on the same show doing "Jingo" just about justifies the cost!

Posted : April 20, 2023 09:58
(@clayton)
Community Manager

Lots of Talent- WOW.  Lemme drop a some videos for a name near the bottom of the list.

Posted : April 21, 2023 15:45
(@bluesiline)
Prominent Member

Posted by: @clayton

Lemme drop a some videos for a name near the bottom of the list.

She is so incredibly versatile, Clayton, and a strong personality who stands by her illness. Seeing Molly live on stage is high on my bucket list.

Birgit

Posted : April 22, 2023 09:20
(@clayton)
Community Manager

@bluesiline Exactly!  Strong, independent, down to Earth and the spirit of keeping old styles alive and fresh.

Posted : April 23, 2023 13:22
Share: