Edmonton Blues Fest...

Edmonton Blues Festival 2019  

RSS
robert
(@robert)
Noble Member Admin

Vanessa Collier. This girl played last night. WOW. She is great! Check out the killer guitar player too!

First, here is a clip from my iPhone. Epic solo by the female guitarist, Laura Chavez. Here is an article about her, that I recommend you check out. She's the real deal!

Here is a YouTube clip I found. 

Check out this solo by Laura! WOW!

I'm here to help.

Posted : August 26, 2019 15:18
Sebastien liked
robert
(@robert)
Noble Member Admin

I saw Sonny Landreth next. Amazing virtuoso on slide guitar!

IMG 3400
IMG 3414

I'm here to help.

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 27, 2019 10:11
Clayton liked
robert
(@robert)
Noble Member Admin

After that, I saw Charlie Musselwhite, closing out the festival. 

I'm here to help.

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 27, 2019 10:14
robert
(@robert)
Noble Member Admin

He played a tune that was very much like You Got To Help Me - it was identical except for the lyrics. Great band and a living legend!

I'm here to help.

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 27, 2019 10:40
Sebastien liked
Clayton
(@clayton)
Prominent Member Community Manager

Wow, I love a small stage event, get right up there and be in the moment of the music.

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 28, 2019 08:52
robert liked
Sebastien
(@sebastien)
Trusted Member

Nice vids Robert! This year I went to Tremblant Blues Festival back in last July. It's an event that happen every summers for like 20 years or so. It's always fun to see real blues artist live, and I'm blown away by the talent that they have. Especially when there are kids of 16 years old that can play solos for ages!

Have a look at Hayden Fogle:

Looking forward to headlining the Blues On The Hilltop festival this Saturday, we go on at 5:30pm!Also, I love firing licks at this old amp, and I really dig using Delay to add more depth/layering to the sound of guitar...

Hayden Fogle 发布于 2019年8月8日周四

And Brandon "TAZ":

TAZ w/ Ghost-Note at DROM

Next weekend will be ABSOLUTELY EPIC!!! I'm so psyched to co-headline a pair of shows with Ghost-Note at (le) poisson rouge in NYC (3/16) and The Ardmore Music Hall in Ardmore, PA (3/17). We will BRING THE HEAT!!! Grab your tix NOW before they're gone!!🎟: NYC (3/16): http://bit.ly/Ghost-Note_NYC🎟: Ardmore (3/17): https://goo.gl/Mnp8k8

Brandon "Taz" Niederauer 发布于 2019年3月6日周三

Let me know if you are planning a trip in Quebec to go to Tremblant Blues Fest!

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 29, 2019 16:14
robert liked
Sebastien
(@sebastien)
Trusted Member
Posted by: @robert

Vanessa Collier. This girl played last night. WOW. She is great! Check out the killer guitar player too!

First, here is a clip from my iPhone. Epic solo by the female guitarist, Laura Chavez. Here is an article about her, that I recommend you check out. She's the real deal!

Here is a YouTube clip I found. 

Check out this solo by Laura! WOW!

Okay, Laura Chavez is THE shit! Wow! That's exactly what I try to have in mind when I play the blues! How many hours of practice do I need to do to achieve that? A looooooot for sure!

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 29, 2019 16:26
robert liked
matonanjin
(@matonanjin)
Trusted Member
Posted by: @robert

I saw Sonny Landreth next. Amazing virtuoso on slide guitar!

I met Sonny Landreth when he played here on the Peter Frampton Guitar Circus.  Of course it was a few minutes meeting for a selfie but the impression I got was that he is a really down to earth guy.  When he played his "Congo Square" my wife and I both looked at each other and said "Damn is that cool?!?!" 

Sonny Landreth and me

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 30, 2019 07:48
Clayton liked
robert
(@robert)
Noble Member Admin

That is awesome, Ron! I love that tune too - very earthy and organic sounding. Congrats!

I'm here to help.

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 30, 2019 14:36
Clayton
(@clayton)
Prominent Member Community Manager

Whoa, Ron, way to go, and while sporting a Carlos T!

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 30, 2019 20:37
Share: