Keeping the Blues A...

Notifications
Clear all

Keeping the Blues Alive at Sea 2023 - We're booked!!!

12 Posts
4 Users
4 Likes
(@matonanjin)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

Woo Hoo!!  We are booked on the Joe Bonamassa Keeping the Blues Alive at Sea 2023!  Now the damn wait!!! ☹️ 

So far not what I would call exciting artists, but it's early.  He always comes up with huge talents and every year we learn of great new blues artists.  We learned of Marcus King and Kingfish Ingram on previous cruises.  And lots of others.   

Keeping The Blues Alive at Sea

Can't Wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted : March 9, 2022 10:51
Clayton and robert reacted
(@clayton)
Community Manager

Good Stuff, Ron!

One Year and 4 Days to go.

Posted : March 9, 2022 11:57
(@matonanjin)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

@Clayton now one month to go!!  One month from today!!!!  Not that I'm excited!!!  😉 

Go here to see the lineup:

Keeping the Blues Alive at Sea.

Posted : February 13, 2023 19:58
(@clayton)
Community Manager

@matonanjin When Will You Sleep?!!!!  I mean so much to see and hear, maybe even rub elbows at the buffet.  Greg Koch, too, he's such a down to earth guy and Gristle Maniac.  

Better be plenty o' pics n stories, my man.

Posted : February 13, 2023 20:02
(@bluesiline)
Prominent Member

@matonanjin,

Ron, on the cruise ship, together with Bonamassa, your’re sitting at the source, so to speak. Great.

Maybe an opportunity will arise where you can ask the question about his very fast pentatonic runs. I have great respect for his enormous technical skills and I always wonder how Joe plays his fast stuff.

I wish you a lot of anticipation until your departure.

Birgit

Posted : February 14, 2023 09:48
(@matonanjin)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

MGA Friends,

I know that I am posting early (2 days) but the next couple days I will be going crazy, and mywife and I will doing all possible to add to that craziness, get ready to fly fort Lauderdale.  Downloading boarding documents, searching out great places to go in the Keys, searching out bands we want to see on the cruise, etc. , etc.  

All this beacause in two days we board a SouthWest flight to Fort Lauderdale then on Monday taking the shuttle to Port of Miami, then boarding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Woohoo.

All this to say starting on Saturday I will be in absentia for the week of this Blues Cruise and then for nearly a week in Florida Keys!   I haven't told you before now, after the cruise Mrs. matonanjin and I have a place rented in Islamorada for a few days.  

And I am not techie enough to visit this and other guitar forums on my phone.  So we are going to have a great time.  All of you try and keep @Clayton in line! 😉 

See you in a couple weeks!

7eC6hqmf24

Posted : March 9, 2023 11:08
(@robert)
Famed Member Admin

Have fun! Post photos!

Posted : March 9, 2023 13:30
(@clayton)
Community Manager

@matonanjin, Nobody puts Baby in the Corner!  I'll see what "troubles" (yes, that's my Irish pun) I can stir up in yer absence.  

Keep a hat on, wear plenty o sun screen, and be sure to get a couple of selfies, Ron. Safe travels to you and Mrs. Ron.

Posted : March 10, 2023 12:13
(@matonanjin)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

We are back on land.  And I'll try and find a couple of those selfies.  But I'm not one to snap those often.  

Let's leave aat this for now.  If you ever find yourself in a position to go on the Blues Alive at Sea cruise just don't miss the opportunity.  Simply put, one of the most fun experiences of our life.  And that is not hyperbole or hype.  And for any of Robert's European followers (@Bluesiline 😉 Birgit and others?) there is the Mediterranean version)  Now my wife is trying to get me to turn around and go on it because of Kenny Wayne Shepherd!

Posted : March 25, 2023 09:55
Clayton and robert reacted
(@bluesiline)
Prominent Member

@matonanjin

Nice you got home safely, Ron, and certainly filled with beautiful travel emotions.

Thanks for the hint. I have to think about that 😊. I’ve taken so many cruises with my husband but never one like you with so much guitar power.

Birgit

Posted : March 25, 2023 11:13
(@robert)
Famed Member Admin

Sounds like you had a great time! 

Posted : March 26, 2023 23:35
(@clayton)
Community Manager

Welcome Back, Matey!  That was an incredible cast of performers and it sounds like you get every dollar worth of your investment.

C-Dawg

Posted : March 27, 2023 15:12
Share: