Clear all

180 Backing Tracks now available

6 Posts
4 Users
1 Likes
(@robert)
Famed Member Admin
Topic starter

Alright guys, I finally got all 360 tracks added to MGA for you! 

https://www.masterguitaracademy.com/jam-tracks/

These are Mats Nermark's tracks, and for each backing track, there is a "full track" as well - same track but with melody and solo (great for getting ideas and inspiration).

You will also find links to the INDEX for each group of tracks, as well as chord charts.

There are 18 groups with 10 backing tracks in each.

What you should with these tracks, is to first listen to them. Once you find one you like, start practicing scales, arpeggios, licks, chords etc to the tracks. 

There is a course about how to do that here.

Finally, record yourself practicing or jamming over the tracks. Listen back with a critical ear, refine and redo. 

Once you are ready, record again with a video camera running. Submit your video here, and I will give you feedback. If we can get the Student Focus section more active, I will, each month, provide a free 30 minute Skype lesson to a random member who submits a video.

Any questions?

Posted : February 10, 2019 15:35
(@jestme)
Noble Member

Sounds awesome. I'm looking forward to listening to and working with the tracks! Thanks!

Posted : February 11, 2019 11:22
(@robert)
Famed Member Admin
Topic starter

Have you guys checked out these tracks yet?

I can't wait to hear you play over them! 🙂

Posted : February 22, 2019 17:53
(@clayton)
Community Manager

So I found a few tracks that peaked my interest and fired up the amp with my trusty Strat (the one with the compass in the stock) in hand.  Why the Strat?  Cause of Mr. 2 Minute Funk lesson had me back to the single coil neck p/up.  BUT, I thought to warm up with Friday's Classic Rock lesson.  Never Got Any Further than the Classic Rock.  90 minutes of playing the lesson riff, jamming 9 ways to Sunday with crunch, chorus, delay a la Craig, and everything else short of smashing the guitar into the amp.   Whew.  Guess I had a Classic Rock empty spot in my repertoire that had to be scratched. 

Back to the drawing board and the Backing Tracks.  So little time, so much music... 

Posted : February 23, 2019 13:12
(@wobbly_bob)
Noble Member

Posted by: Clayton

So I found a few tracks that peaked my interest and fired up the amp with my trusty Strat (the one with the compass in the stock) in hand.  Why the Strat?  Cause of Mr. 2 Minute Funk lesson had me back to the single coil neck p/up.  BUT, I thought to warm up with Friday's Classic Rock lesson.  Never Got Any Further than the Classic Rock.  90 minutes of playing the lesson riff, jamming 9 ways to Sunday with crunch, chorus, delay a la Craig, and everything else short of smashing the guitar into the amp.   Whew.  Guess I had a Classic Rock empty spot in my repertoire that had to be scratched. 

Back to the drawing board and the Backing Tracks.  So little time, so much music... 

So just a normal session then?  And when are we going to hear the results?

Posted : February 23, 2019 15:28
Clayton reacted
(@clayton)
Community Manager

True, True, I miss having that sublime time to hash out the frequencies.  I did not even have Garage Band set up.  But I will return to Deep C Studios and, if nothing else, be sure to have the Zoom pocket recorder on the music stand

Posted : February 23, 2019 15:40
Share: