Clear all

MGA Jammers Sep/Oct 2023

12 Posts
6 Users
5 Likes
(@robert)
Famed Member Admin
Topic starter

For easy communication Craig created a Google group called MGAJammers. Everyone involved please give your email address to add to the group. To do so, send your address to mgajammers@gmail.com and Craig will add it to the group, then we just write all comms to MGAJammers@googlegroups.com to keep everyone in the loop. It works a treat!!

For all file transfers Craig uses a box account that we can all access.  He will send you the details when you join the above group.

In the box account we upload solos videos and pictures.(or if some people aren't comfortable with video of themselves then perhaps just some pictures of their local area to keep the video interesting whilst their solo is playing) .

For the recording of solos - everyone set their DAW to the right BPM and we mark the BT into "slots". Then have players choose a slot Hit the record button from the beginning and wait til the allotted time slot appears and then go for it.

Then export the solo ONLY no BT. If they do it correctly its easy to just drop the solo into my DAW and it should be in exactly the right position.

If they stuff it up its fairly easy to bounce it to the right spot.

What is also cool is if a player finds it too difficult to find the right position they could just record from slot 1 and I could easily bounce it.

Posted : September 19, 2023 11:02
Clayton reacted
(@robert)
Famed Member Admin
Topic starter

Hey jammers!

I came up with a solo for Birgit. However, I think everyone might get something out of this.

I have uploaded a solo video with 2 versions of the same solo. The reason I did the 2nd version is I included more feeling and inflection to the notes. Otherwise, it’s pretty much the same solo. Maybe some notes come on the “and” instead of right on the beat but that doesn’t matter so much. It’s the general “feel” that you go for. Sometimes you can bend a half step, another time you might want just fret the note like others notes. You’ll hear it in the D bent up towards D#.

Oh, make note of how I bend the first C (minor 3rd) towards C# (major 3rd) right way in the second version - much better isn’t it?!

This is the type of thing you can play around with. I encourage you to mess around with this and change it around to fit your style of playing. Make some changes here and there and voila - it’s your own solo!

Posted : September 23, 2023 13:16
(@wobbly_bob)
Noble Member

Hey everyone,  Here it is!!!

The video of our very first international jam session.

Thank you so much for being a part of it.  It is very enjoyable to be part of this epic event.

Great solos by all involved. Warmest ....Craig

You can watch it here(just click on the video) and/or download a copy from the following link===> https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jsDM2k0pVkjV4JwOuK2jxpxFvxqEe7Ee/view?usp=sharing

Posted : October 20, 2023 01:21
(@bluesiline)
Prominent Member

What a surprise, Craig!

I have just watched the video several times with my husband. And we really had "happy listening".

It turned out great, I am thrilled.

Thanks to all the jammers for their solos, and special thanks to Robert for providing the backing track, and also very special thanks to Craig for the wonderful video animation.

Thank you for letting me be a part of this MGA project. It was great fun.

Birgit

Posted : October 20, 2023 02:50
(@wobbly_bob)
Noble Member

@bluesiline so glad you liked it.

I hope you will join us for the next one!

Posted : October 20, 2023 04:42
(@jestme)
Noble Member

Super job everyone and so nicely put together! Thanks Craig!!! I really enjoyed it

Posted : October 20, 2023 06:25
(@stevie-dre)
Reputable Member

@wobbly_bob Wow what a great video, Thanks Craig for all this.
And so great to listen to you all. 🎸

Posted : October 20, 2023 07:21
(@wobbly_bob)
Noble Member

@stevie-dre thanks. I hope you will be joining us for the next one 😁

Posted : October 20, 2023 17:04
(@stevie-dre)
Reputable Member

@wobbly_bob Yes I hope I do, if there is place for me.
It's a big challenge for me, to do this. It not easy. 😀 🎸

Posted : October 21, 2023 02:36
(@clayton)
Community Manager

Jammers, I've been off the Grid, so forgive my tardiness to the party.  This is a wonderful work of Art, and all the elements have gathered. From around the world, you MGA jammers have filled the void with your passion and playing. RR, 6:58 was the dirty noise that raised the roof. Craig- most honorable one, you have done a good thing here, my brother. Most Good Indeed!

Posted : October 24, 2023 17:26
(@wobbly_bob)
Noble Member

Looks like you were in paradise my brother 😁

I hope you will join us in the next jam 🎶

Posted : October 24, 2023 17:39
(@clayton)
Community Manager

@wobbly_bob To qoute the Four Tops:  I'll be there!

Posted : October 25, 2023 07:08
Share: