Clear all

Live Hang With Roberto - Wed October 24, 2018

14 Posts
6 Users
5 Likes
(@robert)
Famed Member Admin
Topic starter

The next Live Stream will be on Wednesday the 24th at 7pm. Here is a tool you can use if you are in a different timezone: Timezone checker

The topic this time will be triads and arpeggios. I will show you a couple of different approaches to playing them. 

Just login 30 minutes before and you'll see a link to this stream.

Posted : October 22, 2018 11:39
(@hillbilly_joe)
Prominent Member

I'm going to be sit'n in a dentist's chair at the time getting a root canal done. Yikes!

Posted : October 23, 2018 17:48
(@jncinn)

So Hillbilly Joe...........rather than sitting through some of Robert's nice chord and arpeggio "drills"................you'd rather be getting a dentist's drills...........

Kidding! I had a wisdom tooth come in and was pressuring one of my back molars so the Army dentist (I wasn't in the Army.......he was fresh out of the Army) actually took a small chisel and broke up the tooth into pieces to get it out......put new meaning in what's considered excruciating pain!! Do not envy this Wednesday dentist visit of yours!! Jim C.

Posted : October 23, 2018 21:03
(@hillbilly_joe)
Prominent Member

Posted by: jncinn

So Hillbilly Joe...........rather than sitting through some of Robert's nice chord and arpeggio "drills"................you'd rather be getting a dentist's drills...........

Kidding! I had a wisdom tooth come in and was pressuring one of my back molars so the Army dentist (I wasn't in the Army.......he was fresh out of the Army) actually took a small chisel and broke up the tooth into pieces to get it out......put new meaning in what's considered excruciating pain!! Do not envy this Wednesday dentist visit of yours!! Jim C.

Going to have to make a new crown. Money flies in this country.

Anyway, the dentist is the daughter of the Dentist (owner). She's been my dentist for the last 3 years and she loves to speak English.  So going to her is enjoyable, but slightly painful. Wallet wise that is. 😪 

Posted : October 24, 2018 01:34
(@jestme)
Noble Member

It's on now... come join in! Great topic... 

Posted : October 24, 2018 19:08
(@jestme)
Noble Member

Robert - Good session I enjoyed it and always get a lot from these chats. and many times I get things totally unrelated to the main topic.

I do like having a specific topic and diving deep into it, rather than an non-specific no-topic session. I think having the pdf before the session is also very helpful.

As always your demonstrations and playing are inspiring with lots of useful ideas.

I'm glad I was able to attend tonight.

Thanks

Posted : October 24, 2018 20:40
(@robert)
Famed Member Admin
Topic starter

Thanks Chris and Ervin! There only 2 or 3 people attending - a bit disappointing... 

So what I am wondering - was it a bad time for you? Did you forget? Is it not interesting?

One drawback I noticed after I was done, is that the acoustic sound of my hitting the strings is being picked up by the microphone. I find that quite distracting and annoying. Hard to fix, because I would have to mute the microphone any time I play, and then turn it back on when I speak. That might be hard for me to remember... I need an assistant for this! LOL

Anyway, thanks for your time, you two. As for the rest of you - hope to see you next time!

Posted : October 24, 2018 20:40
(@robert)
Famed Member Admin
Topic starter

Just to be clear, I did deep-dive into Triads and showed how I use them for both rhythm guitar and lead guitar. 

I think it was very focused and practical, but hey, I'd let you guys be the judge on that.

I emailed a PDF ahead of time where you had the chance to study this voicings that I used in the live video in a variety of ways - both simple and advanced.

Posted : October 24, 2018 20:42
(@jestme)
Noble Member

Posted by: robert

One drawback I noticed after I was done, is that the acoustic sound of my hitting the strings is being picked up by the microphone. I find that quite distracting and annoying. Hard to fix, because I would have to mute the microphone any time I play, and then turn it back on when I speak. That might be hard for me to remember... I need an assistant for this! LOL

I wouldn't worry about it. Of course, I can only speak for myself but I didn't notice any annoying sounds and I have 4 ears! I think even if they were picked up it is a small price to pay for a live session.

I did like the new lighting setup. That was cool.

Posted : October 24, 2018 21:25
robert reacted
(@hillbilly_joe)
Prominent Member

Well, I would have been there, but... the dentist appt . stopped me cold in my tracks.  Next time.

For me and those of us on this side of the globe the time works out fine, of course, depends on our working hours.

Posted : October 24, 2018 21:57
robert reacted
(@wobbly_bob)
Noble Member

I'm focused on organizing a holiday to Prague and Vienna,  so I'm kinda elsewhere.  I hope to watch the replay soon!

Posted : October 25, 2018 00:48
robert reacted
(@zwantedone)

I will watch the streaming video tonight, Robert. I had to pick up my SO at the airport last night. Sorry I missed it. I know how hard you work to put these chat's on, only to have a couple of people show up. Maybe next one...Will

Posted : October 25, 2018 12:22
robert reacted
(@robert)
Famed Member Admin
Topic starter

Well, I intend to continue doing live videos. Today, I ordered a headset, and it has a mic that will pick up less sound from the strings of the guitar. It's a directional mic and it will be close to my mouth, so hopefully this will solve that little issue. It quite bothers me! 🙂 Hopefully solved once I get this headset.

Posted : October 25, 2018 19:26
(@hillbilly_joe)
Prominent Member

I was just going to ask if you recorded it. I see now that you did. That's great for us that missed it. Thanks Robert.

Posted : October 26, 2018 17:23
robert reacted
Share: