Student Focus 1 & 2
I’m off with the new Student Focus videos with a bang! I really enjoyed doing this, so the first video ended up pretty long. Stick with it though, because there is a lot very important information in there. Most of these suggestions apply to most of us, most of the time! It’s generic, but important and specific enough to both these student submissions.
Take a look, and post some comments in the forums as well.
Maybe it’s time for you to submit your video?
I can’t stress enough how valuable it is to record yourself and share with us. There are several benefits that will accelerate your learning:
- You will improve faster.
- Out of your comfort zone. This forces you to try your absolute best – very powerful!
- You learn how you sound on a recording, and you learn how to improve the recording process.
- You will notice big improvement over time. I know you will improve. That’s a given.
- Inspiring others. You may not be happy with your playing at all times, but I can assure you – many of the members will be impressed, inspired and motivated. You are actually helping others as well as yourself!
- Allowing me to help you better. There is nothing more valuable for a teacher than hearing the student play.
Go ahead and start recording yourself on a video. It gets easier the more you do it, I promise.