Clear all

NGD Part Deux Martin 000-15M

7 Posts
4 Users
6 Likes
(@matonanjin)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

About a month ago you may recall my asking for advice about which Martin guitar to go with, the 000-EC or the 000-15M. And you may also recall I didn't exactly follow your advice, going with the Martin M36. Which I am really enjoying. Hugely enjoying!

But....I really like the tone of that 000-15M also. I just can't stop thinking about it. Just about now you know where this thread is going, don't you? 😉  :sneaky: I did the only thing that makes sense and brought the little 000-15M home yesterday also! 🤣 

It does have its own, different tone. A lot richer, fuller in the lows, no doubt due to the mahogany. And the 000 size is really comfortable for me. I am so very fortunate I now have two great instruments for playing acoustic blues. I'm thinking not very far in the future I'm going to try some acoustic slide.   If I continue with the slide, which I have never tried, maybe one of these will be dedicated to slide and/or altered tunings?

And, again, apologies for the horrible quick photo.

Martin 000 15M

Posted : June 18, 2021 08:38
Clayton and robert reacted
(@robert)
Famed Member Admin

Wow, congratulations! This guitar is very interesting to me. I may have to see if I can try one somewhere. WANT!

Posted : June 18, 2021 08:48
Clayton reacted
(@clayton)
Community Manager

Ron, please designate me as a beneficiary in your will.  Nay, as an attorney, I am the proper designee as guardian of your select musical property. I will take care of the herd until your grandchildren are old enough to respect these instruments and prove their playing skills worthy of holding said chattels.  Of course proper playing and testing will be necessary to ensure that humidity is maintained.  Heck, as designated I'll even come and play at your funeral and over your grave upon every anniversary.  Jus' sayin'.

Posted : June 18, 2021 11:53
(@jestme)
Noble Member

WOW! Ron... that is sweet. I have a 000-16 which I love. Great size and nice balanced tone. Mine has a sitka spruce top. I have always liked the mahogany tops. You are making me jealous now! Looks like a great little guitar and surely a nice very light weight comfortable guitar, a great blues machine!!!

Have fun!

Posted : June 19, 2021 08:33
(@matonanjin)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

Posted by: @robert

Wow, congratulations! This guitar is very interesting to me. I may have to see if I can try one somewhere. WANT!

Robert, they are hard to find in a store.  Of course, what isn't? The only one I could find was in my local Guitar Center.  I definitely did not want to shop at a Guitar Center but had to.

Posted : June 20, 2021 11:08
(@matonanjin)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

Posted by: @clayton

Ron, please designate me as a beneficiary in your will.  Nay, as an attorney, I am the proper designee as guardian of your select musical property. I will take care of the herd until your grandchildren are old enough to respect these instruments and prove their playing skills worthy of holding said chattels.  Of course proper playing and testing will be necessary to ensure that humidity is maintained.  Heck, as designated I'll even come and play at your funeral and over your grave upon every anniversary.  Jus' sayin'.

Isn't it something how we can always count on our guitar forum brethren for support and benevolence?!  Thank for this generous offer of assistance.  Send over the paperwork and I'll get it digitally signed and returned.  My oldest grandkids are now adults with no interest in guitar.  One had a nice acoustic but it hasn't been played in years.  The youngest are teenagers so it may be years before they are old enough and you'll have to watch over my guitars.  Are you sure you want to do this?  I'll let you rescind. 😉 

Posted : June 20, 2021 11:22
Clayton reacted
(@matonanjin)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

Posted by: @jestme

WOW! Ron... that is sweet. I have a 000-16 which I love. Great size and nice balanced tone. Mine has a sitka spruce top. I have always liked the mahogany tops. You are making me jealous now! Looks like a great little guitar and surely a nice very light weight comfortable guitar, a great blues machine!!!

Have fun!

Chris, I am having fun.  I was forced to do a little study of what the different size numbers meant.  But the 000 just is a great size for me.  If I am giving up any volume or depth compared to a dreadnaught I can't tell it.  I do have a Seagull dreadnaught size but I really haven't done a comparison.  And I'm sure that nor will I.  With my playing I probably couldn't tell what little difference there may be and, as you ordered, I'm having fun!

Posted : June 20, 2021 11:32
Clayton and JestMe reacted
Share: