Clear all

Rolling Stone Magazine 250 Greatest Guitarists of all Time

6 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@matonanjin)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

Here we go again?  Or maybe everyone got there venting out in 2011?  We'll see.  This came out last week and I haven't seen much feuding at some of the other forums.  I know what it is!  We are a much more civil society now! 😉 

But Rolling Stone Magazine just published their 250 Greatest Guitarists of All Time.  We all know who #1 is.  It is sacrilegious to not put him #1 on every top guitarist list.  But Jack White ahead of Eric Clapton?  Joni Mitchell above them both?!?!?!  

<heavy sigh>

Anyone else?  @Robert seen the list?

Posted : October 17, 2023 09:53
(@robert)
Famed Member Admin

I ignore lists like that. I mean, what is the point with them, really? It's like claiming the best colour in the world is green, followed by red in 2nd and blue in the 3rd. But why is purple only in 6th place? Really? Everyone knows purple is "better" than red! 😀 

Posted : October 17, 2023 11:46
(@clayton)
Community Manager

@robert You are right, and besides the subjectivity, why in such a broad and diffuse art form, The Guitar, would there be a best?  

As for humanity's inability to use critical thinking to realize such folly...

@mantonanjin  This is Outrage!

Posted : October 18, 2023 09:39
(@matonanjin)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

Posted by: @robert

I ignore lists like that. I mean, what is the point with them, really? It's like claiming the best colour in the world is green, followed by red in 2nd and blue in the 3rd. But why is purple only in 6th place? Really? Everyone knows purple is "better" than red! 😀 

No!!!!!  What the hell is wrong with you, @robert?!?!  Everybody actually knows that red is better than purple!  red is also better than green!  The people that made this list and you are all clearly communists.  And this list and you are all just doing this to promote your political agenda!  AND WE ALL KNOW IT! 😉 🤣 😮 

Posted : October 19, 2023 09:27
(@robert)
Famed Member Admin

Dang, you figured it out Ron. It's the great reset. The WEF, Trudeau and the space lasers are deciding not only who the best guitarists are, but also what colours are the best. You can not escape this, unless you give all your savings to... well you know who. 🙂 

Posted : October 19, 2023 09:33
(@clayton)
Community Manager

@robert Damn, Feel like I've been hit by a Purple Rain.  

Got me seeing the connections:  "Red Lenses," Rush, Canada, Commies, Cowpies and Flouride!  

My, God, its like seeing into the Monolith!!! Dave Bowman was played by Keir Dullea... a Ca-Nay-D-in

Thus Spoke Zarathustra!

Posted : October 19, 2023 12:02
Share: